Mr Yuksel Gercek
General and Colorectal Surgeon
QualificationsMD, RBBS (Belgium)
Main NHS BaseBedford Hospital NHS Trust
Scope of Practice
- Gallbladder removal (laparoscopic and open cholecystectomy)
- Laparoscopic and open repair of inguinal, incisional and ventral hernias of the abdominal wall; even the more challenging one.
- Problems around the back passage (including piles, fissure, fistula, etc.)
- Bowel cancer
- IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome) and IBD (Inflammatory Bowel Disease)
- Endoscopy: sigmoidoscopy and colonoscopy
Training & Background
Mr Yüksel Gerçek is a consultant general and colorectal surgeon based in Bedford. His specialities include general surgery, abdominal wall hernia, colorectal surgery (lower gastrointestinal), colorectal cancer, laparoscopic cholecystectomy and haemorrhoids.
Mr Gerçek is highly trained with almost 20 years of experience. He gained his qualifications in general and colorectal surgery in Belgium before moving to Dundee, Scotland, to receive further training. He currently practices in Bedford, England.
He participates in teaching, supervision and audits within his field and is also involved in projects for junior doctors. He is a member of the Association of Coloproctology of Great Britain and Ireland (ACPGBI).