Dr Roseanna Brady
QualificationsBSc MA MSc DPsych CPsychol MBPsS MACBS
GMC NumberHCPC Number: PYL35393
- British Psychological Society
Scope of Practice
- Stress and burnout
- Adjustment to diagnosis of long-term physical health conditions
- Self-management in diabetes, stroke, cardiac and other physical health problems
- Lifestyle changes (diet, activity and exercise, medication) to improve health
- Coping and developing resilience following illness
- Chronic pain self-management
- Low mood and health-related anxiety
- Fatigue and sleep
- Carers’ health and wellbeing
Areas of Expertise
- Health-related anxiety and depression
- Adherence to treatment plans and lifestyle changes
- Self-management of physical health conditions
- Cardiac psychology
- Diabetes Psychology
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome psychology
- Pain psychology
- Pre- and post-surgical anxiety
- Stroke psychology
- Adjustment to diagnosis and treatment for long-term physical health conditions
Training & Background
Dr Brady has worked with people living with long term physical illness since 2007. She completed Stage 1 professional training in Health Psychology at King’s College London in 2010. Following this, she completed Stage 2 training at Staffordshire University leading to a Professional Doctorate in Health Psychology in 2017, and Chartered Membership of the British Psychological Society.
Her clinical work in the NHS at Bedford, Milton Keynes and the Royal Free hospitals included inpatient and outpatient work with individuals and groups across long-term physical health conditions, and in health behaviour change.
She uses a variety of therapies, primarily Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) and Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT).
Dr Brady has experience in private practice in developing digital support programmes for people with long-term health problems, and in supporting health professionals to improve outcomes for patients.