Mr Dan Arvinte
Consultant Trauma & Orthopaedic Surgeon - Lower Limb Arthroplasty (primary and revision) Specialist
QualificationsMD(Doctor) MRCSEd FEBOT FRCSEd (Tr & Orth)
Main NHS BaseBedford Hospital NHS Trust
- European Association of Orthopaedics and Trauma
- British Orthopaedic Association, Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
- British Medical Association
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
Scope of Practice
- Fractures around implants/replacements (hip and knee)-periprosthetic fractures
- Hip Problems / Pain
- Knee Problems / Pain
- Sports Injuries (Knee)
- Complications associated with hip and knee replacements
Areas of Expertise
- Hip replacement surgery (cemented and uncemented)
- Revision hip replacement surgery (re-do surgery to repair a damaged or poor functioning artificial hip)
- Knee replacement surgery
- Revision knee replacement surgery (re-do surgery to repair a damaged or poor functioning artificial knee)
- Knee arthroscopy (“key-hole” surgery)
- Intra-articular injections (hip and knee)
Training & Background
Mr Arvinte is a fully trained Orthopaedic Surgeon with a special interest in hip and knee replacement (lower limb arthroplasty), including revision (re-do) surgery. His training took place in well-recognised centres from Romania, Austria, Belgium, Japan, Hong Kong and United Kingdom. He has completed 2 Fellowships in Lower Limb Arthroplasty, one at Bradford Royal Infirmary (2006, including also specialist training in knee arthroscopy) and one at Warwick Hospital (2009-2010).
He has been working as a Consultant at Bedford Hospital since 2015, where he has made a significant contribution in implementing changes and introducing new services, leading to improvement of quality of care and patient satisfaction.
He practices evidence-based medicine, has excellent communication skills and is passionate about enhanced rehabilitation (early discharge) after hip and knee replacement surgery. His results in the National Joint Registry are very good. He is Regional Clinical Supervisor for medical students from Cambridge University and Clinical and Educational Supervisor for junior doctors from East of England Foundation Programme. Mr Arvinte has delivered multiple presentations at national and international meetings and is published in well-recognised peer-reviewed Journals.
He is part of Bedford Riverside Tennis Club Team and participates to local and regional competitions.