Mr Dipankar Chattopadhyay
Consultant General Surgeon
QualificationsMS, FRCSEd, MD
Main NHS BaseBedford Hospital NHS Trust
Scope of Practice
- laparoscopic and open cholecystectomy;
- Laparoscopic and open repair of inguinal, incisional and ventral hernias of the abdominal wall;
- Anti-reflux procedures
Areas of Expertise
- Laparoscopic repair of hiatal hernia and anti-reflux surgery
- Laparoscopic and open repair of incisional and ventral herniae
- Laparoscopic and open repair of inguinal and femoral herniae
Training & Background
Mr Chattopadhyay has worked as a Consultant at Bedford Hospital since March 2015.
Mr Chattopadhyay graduated from Calcutta University and completed a post graduate surgical residency programme in Aligarh University. He then undertook research at Freeman Hospital liver unit and Newcastle University before completing surgical speciality training and FRCSEd (General Surgery).
He has been involved in research for the application of proteomics and genomics in the management of Hepatocellular Cancer – MD (Newcastle University)