Mr Mamun M Rashid
Consultant ENT & Head & Neck Surgery
QualificationsBSc (Hons) MBBS (Lond) MRCS (Eng) DOHNS FRCS (ORL-HNS)
Main NHS BaseBedford Hospital NHS Trust
- Royal College of Surgeons, ENT Society, Association of Otolaryngologists in Training, MDU
Scope of Practice
- • All aspects of adult and paediatric Ear, Nose and Throat Disorders
- • Tonsillectomy/Adenoidectomy/Nasal procedures (septal/turbinate surgery)/Ear procedures (grommets/myringoplasty/wax removal)
- • Diagnosis of Head & Neck cancer (neck lumps/throat/voice)
- • Swallowing problems/lump in throat/reflux/catarrh
- • Management of hearing loss/dizziness/vertigo/tinnitus
Areas of Expertise
- • Diagnosis and management of thyroid lumps/cancer including investigation and surgical treatment
- • Treatment of salivary gland disease and tumours including submandibular gland and parotid gland surgery
- • Medical and surgical management of sinus disease, nasal polyps, rhinitis, facial pain, nasal breathing problems, functional endoscopic sinus surgery
- • Management of sleep disorders and snoring in adult and children
Training & Background
Mr Rashid is a Consultant Ear Nose Throat and Head & Neck Surgeon who practices in the NHS at Bedford and the Luton & Dunstable University Hospitals since 2017. He graduated from St George’s University of London in 2006 and subsequently undertook higher surgical training in ENT first in the North West of England then in the South West of England. In this time he received multiple prizes coming 1st and 2nd (most recently in 2017) for best presentation at national and international meetings. He was also awarded the Ian McKenzie travelling scholarship in 2014.
In total Mr Rashid has presented his work at eight national and fifteen international meetings including at the American Academy of Otolaryngology, the European Academy of ORL and Head & Neck Surgery and most recently at the International Federation of Otorhino Laryngeal Societies in Paris 2017. Mr Rashid has also been an important contributor to the field of ENT research with 29 peer review publications so far including in the Journal of Laryngology & Otology, Rhinology, Current Allergy & Asthma and The Bulletin of the Royal College of Surgeons of England. He is also an active trainer and has been a faculty member of several training courses including the ‘London FRCS (ORLHNS) Course’ as an examiner.
Mr Rashid has expertise in all aspect of adult and paediatric ear nose and throat disorders but has a particular interest in thyroid and parathyroid disease and surgery as well as salivary disease and submandibular and parotid surgery.
Mr Rashid is a caring, dynamic and enthusiastic surgeon who takes tremendous pride in caring for his patients. He has received multiple formal positive feedback from many patients and strives for the very best treatment for every single patient under his care.